GreenProtein at a glance
GreenProtein is an European project which aims at a major innovation in the fields of protein production and food loss reduction in EU by producing high-added value, food-grade functional proteins and other ingredients, out of green field waste.
The general objective of the GreenProtein project, that gathers 7 different European partners during 4.5 years, is to establish a demo plant for the extraction and purification of functional RuBisCo protein isolate at industrial scale. GreenProtein will demonstrate the technical and economic feasibility of the revalorisation of green residues from existing agroindustry.
The demo plant that will be placed into a marine container will be ready to be “plugged” into the processing line, representing an easily replicable system with a high spreading projection in the whole EU.
- Acronym: GreenProtein
- Project title: Revalorisation of vegetable processing industry remnants into high-value functional proteins and other food ingredients
- Call: Bio Based Industries Joint Undertaking. VC3. D5-2015
- Grant Agreement Number: 720728
- Consortium: Seven partners from four different countries
- Dates: The starting date is the 1st of September, 2016. It will last 54 months